Sunday, January 22, 2012

Infant to Newborn...




I skipped the blog for two months. And for good reason. It was the roughest month of my life. Looking back now though, there are things I want to remember from it.

-Postpartum is real and it does not discriminate on who it affects. It doesn’t care how good or bad your pregnancy was, it doesn’t care how easy or hard it was for you to conceive, it doesn’t care how perfect or imperfect you think your life is.  It’s deep and it’s dark.  It should be talked about more in public and without friends that were willing to talk to me about their experiences and help me realize I was not alone in feeling the way I did, I don't think I would have made it.   But I did, and I am so in love with him my baby boy!
-That being said, I do have the most amazing husband, family, and friends.  Having a sister that would drive an hour just so I wouldn’t be alone for a few hours makes me think about wanting to have a sibling for Taygan.  Then I remember all those times I wanted to choke her ;)
-Enough with the bad....my baby slept through the night for the first time!
-Having your child smile at you (without it being from gas) is one of the most incredible things in the world!
-He cried real tears for the first time at his two month shots. Which broke my heart.
-We celebrated our first Christmas as parents with Kendra, Cody and Harper. Harper and Taygan were precious together! And Taygan was spoiled rotten with all the gifts he got from our families; I am scared to see how much he gets in years to come.

Now on to 3 months...

-Just when you think your child is starting to develop a good "routine" something will happen and change it.
-A stuffy nose meant a 3am wake up for one week.
-We enjoyed lunch dates with our BFF’s, Candace and Cruz…well Cruz and Taygan slept so Candace and I enjoyed lunch ;)
-We moved him from sleeping in a little sleeper in his room to sleeping in his crib.
-The second night in his crib, he slept 10hrs!!
-He has the biggest smiles in the mornings when he wakes up, they melt our hearts!
-It is unreal how 6 bottles can turn into such massive amounts of poop.
-It is also unreal how quickly he can kick his feet and get his heels into that poop while changing his diaper.
-There is nothing more precious than seeing him sleeping in his crib on the video monitor.
-I went back to work this month, and may or may not have drove 80 all the way home when I got off.
-We are beyond blessed to be able to have moms to take care of him while we work. It is so comforting to know he is in the best hands...and be able to annoy them with text all day to check on him :)
-He loves his bath every night with his daddy. The way he looks up at him makes my heart flutter.
-He goes to bed each night around 9 and gets up around 730...for now, ha!
-He is getting taller by the minute. He is literally out growing outfits by the week.
-His favorite thing to do is lay under his baby Neptune and bat at the hanging objects.
-When he gets really excited he will kick his legs and try really hard to make a noise, I swear he is close to talking, ha!
-He loves to watch TV. Typical boy, I suppose ;)
-5 o’clock has a whole new meaning since it means I get to go home to his beautiful face!
We are beyond blessed with a healthy, growing baby boy and can't wait to continue to be filled with joy by him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.