Well, I guess its official, we no longer have a baby if we no longer have a baby bed, right? He still wears diapers though, so maybe I will refer to him as our baby boy until those are gone :) Which may be soon. He went pee-pee in the potty for this first time ever this week!! All on his own, he looked at me one evening and said "pee-pee in the potty" and grabbed my hand and took me to his potty. I took off his diaper and he sat down and went! Just like that. He has gone a few other times since then in it, but we have decided to just let him go as he ask to go or if we ask and he says yes we will go. I don't want to rush it and it become a fight. I figure at some point he will be in big boy undies, my baby won't be a baby forever and I am holding onto that little last part of his "baby-hood" as long as I can.
Back to the toddler bed! Due to our monkey climbing out of the bed numerous times we took the front part of his crib off last week, but b/c we had just borrowed his crib from a friend we didn't have the toddler bed conversion rail to put on the front of it (our friend had not bought it with the crib). Without the rail the mattress was moving around when he climbed in and out and when he rocked himself to sleep, so I ordered him a toddler bed. The bed happens to be the most adorable thing I have ever seen, its a mini sleigh bed! Of course Tagyan had to assist with the assembly (and who doesn't need rain boots on to when putting a bed together?)
It didn't take long for Kyte to inform me that I needed to entertain him elsewhere if I wanted the bed together any time soon, ha! So we went for a long bubble bath which included a game of "where'd Taygan go?!"
After the bath...back to work. Daddy had made some serious progress!
And finallyyyyyyyyy...time to play on the bed while Daddy finished up the drawers for underneath.
I LOVE this next pic.
We are incredibly lucky that he loves his bed and his sleep. We haven't had (so far) a problem with him getting out of it (or his crib with the front off) instead of going to sleep. The kid loves his sleep, like his Daddy. When we finally got the bed all finished up last night, he wanted me out of the room and Daddy to lay down with him. This is the position he gets in when he says "Taygan's going to sleep".
After we read our night-night book and said our prayer, he gave us night-night kisses and he went right to sleep. Such a big boy :(
This morning I went to open his door when it was time for him to get up, he looked at me as I said "Good morning Taygan" and said "nope" then got off his bed and shut his door. Climbed back in bed and just sat there, ha!
He is a mess and we love every minute of it! These little milestones pass so quickly, I wish I could stop time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.