Thursday, June 21, 2012

8 Months

 
We are two thirds of the way through the first year.  I am not even sure how that is possible.  This past month went by so fast, I am sure there are already things I have forgotten but here are some highlights:
-Tooths 3, 4, and 5 have broken through the gum and number 6 is bulging.
-Taygan had his first trip to the beach; and he loved it! 
-Making a clicking sound with his tongue is his new trick.
-He will now give himself a kiss in the mirror when he sees his reflection (and this melts my heart).

-Yes, he still loves his bath time.
-He evidently doesn’t mind the taste of sand because he ate it more than once.

-His recognition of separation has set in.  He will now cry for about 10 secs when you leave the room but then finds a toy to entertain himself with.
-Our friends from Dallas came in with their 9 month old for a 10 day vacation and we spent a wonderful relaxing week at Wild Dunes.
-New foods introduced this month include yogurt, apples, and watermelon.
-Kyte and I learned from the vacation that we could not have Taygan sleep in our room on a regular basis; he is a noisy little sleeper.
-Getting a 9 month (Harper), 7 month (Taygan), and 6 month (Cruz) old to put themselves to sleep under a 10x10 tent on the beach is tricky but was accomplished more than once while in Charleston. They are all 3 asleep in the pic below, and yes Cruz is in that yellow sleeper and was able to breath under that blanket :)
-I can’t say specifically where he is ticklish because I think it is every inch of his body.
-We started giving him solid “solids” in the form of Puffs.  And he immediately picked one up on his own and put it in his mouth (yay for good motor skills!).
-He gagged when he felt the puff in his mouth the first time, he is not a fan of the texture of a solid substance (unless it’s sand) but we are working on it.

-Kyte got to celebrate his first fathers day at the beach.  Taygan is one lucky boy to have such an awesome Dad.
-Not really any attempt to crawl yet, but he is able to stand and put pressure evenly on both feet.
I can't wait to see all the changes that happen in the next month.  I was walking at 9 months, I don't think Taygan will quite be there but we will probably be some kind of mobile in the next few weeks.  Bring on the baby proofing of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.